Five Blogs For Booksellers
There is so much available on the internet today (and so little time to search through it all). Sometimes it's hard to figure out where you should head when you are looking for reliable advice or someone who shares your passion for bookselling. Below are five great blogs for some of the very varried aspects of selling:
- At The Bookshop Blog, check out bookstore profiles, tips for keeping your online and real-life bookstores profitable, tricks for starting a bookstore, and a look at everything on the shelves right now.
- The Booktrout is the blog for a used and rare bookstore in upstate New York tackles trying to keep a bookstore afloat in these tough economic times.
- Bildungsroman has an emphasis on YA and middlegrade fic in addition to general genre fiction. The author Little Willow is a bookseller/freelance journalist/publicist/web designer who combines all of her skills to bring together the content.
- A great niche blog is Bookseller Tips which offers suggestions for improving the success of online booksellers in the used book market.
- The Written Nerd chronicles the life of a bookstore co-owner in the fashionable Brooklyn New York as she discusses the books she's read and what you should be reading.