We are enthralled by Deanna Raybourn’s historical mystery series. Here are our top five reasons you must check it out:
- Deanna Raybourn’s novels feature the unconventional heroine, Lady Julia Gray, and are “witty, funny and moving” in the words of RT Reviewer Page Traynor.
- The author gained a reputation for “meticulously detailing the many colorful characters and creepy Victorian-era setting.” RT's late Senior Reviewer Catherine Witmer gave Silent in the Sanctuary this high praise.
- The author’s series starter, Silent In The Grave, won her RT BOOK REVIEWS’ “Best First Mystery” award. Raybourn has also been RITA nominated and an Independent Mystery Bookseller Association best seller for eight weeks.
- The newest novel, Dark Road to Darjeeling, moves the series from England to the wilds of Shangri-La. (And in addition to the mystery, there’s a man-eating tiger on the loose!)
- The author is giving three winners a copy of Dark Road to Darjeeling and one Grand Prize winner will receive the entire series.
Read A Message From the Author >>
Read An Excerpt of Dark Road to Darjeeling >>
GIVEAWAY ALERT: Three winners will receive Dark Road to Darjeeling and one Grand Prize winner will receive the author’s entire series. To enter, leave a comment on this blog post about why you love historical mysteries or e-mail here with your comment, mailing address and the subject line "Deanna Raybourn’s Julia Gray Mystery Series Giveaway.” One entry per person. The contest winners will be revealed on October 14th.
BLOG UPDATE 10/15/2010: And The Winners Are ... Mary M, Danielle and Kimmie L. The Grand Prize Winner Is Lynn Pauley!