Scandalous Dukes on Spotify: Gayle Callen & Caroline Linden Rock Out
Romance authors know a thing or two about love, so it makes sense that they’d be great at putting together sexy playlists, right? Today for your listening pleasure we’ve got two historical authors with romances out this week, Gayle Callen — Redemption of the Duke — and Caroline Linden — It Takes a Scandal — sharing their playlists for their latest books! So cue up your Spotify, click here and get grooving. We’re happy to send your boss an email to explain the chair dancing.
- "Overload" by Zappacosta from Dirty Dancing — This is about a man so desperate to be noticed by a woman that he burns through the night. Love how her heels on the sidewalk beat to the rhythm of his heart. The lyrics really work for me. And of course, how can we forget Patrick Swayze breaking the window to his car in his desperation to get his girl alone.
- "Night in White Satin" by Moody Blues — A man who didn’t see beauty before, now feels confused by his emotions, but all he knows is he loves her and the wail of his voice saying that gives me chills.
- "Endless Love" by Diana Ross and Lionel Richie — This captures first love, the beginning of their lives together, when they can only focus on each other. The soaring duet of their voices saying that “no one can deny this love I have inside”—magic.
- "Fallin'" by Alicia Keys — This song is about being unable to let someone go, just when you should, because you keep falling in love again, like an addiction. A lot of my fascination is with the beauty of her voice, the way she’s able to evoke heartache.
- "Hey Pretty" by Poe — I love this song; it's an invitation to a wild and sensual adventure.
- "Too Lost in You" by Sugababes — Another slinky, smoky song that captures the head-over-heels feeling of a passionate love affair.
- "This Woman Needs" by SHeDAISY — What every woman should tell a man: I need you to see me in every light and hear that you still think I'm beautiful... Ahh.
- "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton — Do I even need to say anything about it? The ultimate love song.
You can listen to Gayle and Caroline's playlist here. Shimmy on over to your favorite bookstore or online seller, because these books go on sale tomorrow! For more love stories to groove to, visit our Everything Romance page!